1. Hey- did you know that my comment box is oh so easy? No captcha code, no moderation, and I even take anonymous comments! Can you tell I really like (most) comments and I want to make it easy? And I have such a hard time reading those new blogger captcha codes. I guess my eyes are getting weary.
2. My '31 Days' series for October is not going so well. Yes, I am trying to celebrate the 'faith and works' connection. I am trying to find joy in my domestic duties. But it is making me realize that I am really truly not very talented in this realm. If I had a million dollars, I would hire out cooking, cleaning and crafting because the results are never what I imagine they should be.
3. The blog Prayer of Saint Ephrem had an interesting and important post about Western and Eastern saints. Go over there to read it! And have you looked at any of the sites at In Union with Rome lately?
4. Please keep my husband, the priest, in your prayers. He is at his eparchy's (diocese) priest conference and cathedral anniversary. He could only make it for half the week because his hospital just can't function without him! Ruthenians and Ukrainians are blessed; they have more than one eparchy in the states. We Romanians are very spread out which makes for long travels. Both of us are reluctant flyers- which is funny considering that we married each other with families 10,000+ miles away from the other
5. Here's that puppy...he is such a sweetie. I am in charge of shaving his muzzle, tail and feet; we couldn't afford him otherwise. He keeps calm and carries on. He was supposed to be brown, but he is obviously brown on the ears and tail and silver everywhere else. if I had paid $2000+ for him as a puppy, I would be peeved. Poodles must be solid colored. In any case, we love him for who he is- a great family dog who doesn't bark at random dogs and cats and who tolerates little children.
6. What do you think about clergy sharing specific views on politics? A reader was upset that a priest she knows 'likes' Obamacare according to his Facebook page. In my opinion, priests should not be specific about candidates or ballot measures. They should preach on moral truths and hopefully Catholics with informed consciences will make the best choice. Maybe this is weak, I don't know. I think there were other things going on with the priest, however. If a man (priest or not) 'friends' you and Facebook and ignores your husband, perhaps it would be prudent to block him. Do you agree?
7. October 1st was the feast day of the 'Protection of the Holy Mother of God.' This is the troparion for the feast:
Protected by your appearance, O Mother of God; today, we devout people solemnly celebrate. Gazing upon your most pure icon, we fervently say: Protect us with your holy veil, and deliver us from all evil, imploring your Son, Christ our God, to save our souls.
more at conversion diary