In no particular order and probably with some serious omissions: here are a few favorites to stream on Netflix.Yes, I know the company is getting a bit stingy, but I think they think the future is in streaming.
1. Monk and Psych- 45 minutes is just about the perfect time amount to devote to 'vegging out' in front of the computer screen. We enjoyed Monk and we are watching Psych right now. I guess it is still on the air with new episodes.
2. Sherlock Holmes episodes with the master Jeremy Brett and Miss Marple with Joan Hickson- television was highly censored when I was a kid (thanks Mom and Dad, now Grease is something brand-new for me to watch), so we only had free rein with PBS. This was in the good old days, and we devoured a lot of British television. I never got into Dr. Who (even though I love most science fiction), but other than that, it was British television all the time.
3. All Creatures Great and Small- this is the 'England of my dreams.' And it stars Peter Davison from Dr. Who! Who knew?
4. Keeping Up Appearances- this British comedy is one of my favorites. You will laugh, and you can watch it in front of your mother; I did. A friend just recommended Bless me, Father. I'm going to check it out.
5. The Andy Griffith Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show- my big girls (they're not allowed to see Monk or Psych- too much 'gore') are enjoying watching these classic t.v. shows. We watch movies, but watching one episode limits t.v. time.
6. All those National Geographic documentaries. Who needs the History Channel? China's Lost Daughters was an especially good one, and my husband really learned from the film on Alexander the Great.
7. For the kids- I choose Shaun the Sheep and Pingu. Busy Town Mysteries is sort of cute, even if they aren't exactly like the original books.
So there you have it! Any favorites of your own to add?
find more quick takes at conversion diary.com