1. Boy in March, Dad in April, Girl 3 in June and Girl 1 and 2 in July- Thank goodness to be finished with the birthday season- all this cake is getting tiresome!
2. Girl 1 was born in the middle of July and Girl 2 was born the next year a week earlier- so they are 51 weeks apart. Thank goodness for youth- they were both (relatively) easy to carry and give birth to- the drama came later.
3. Girl 1 wasn't even walking when Dad and she came into the hospital room to visit Girl 2 and me. The looks on the nurses' faces were priceless- and I would bet that they would be surprised to know that we ended up with 'only' four children. At the time, it seemed that this baby-thing would be easy.
4. Said daughters 1 and 2 have exchanged breakfasts in bed and small gifts (earrings and a 'Sisters' book)...I don't think I ever did something so thoughtful for sisters when we were young- but I love you anyways!
5. Daughter 2 had a great success making the master recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. We are very excited- and if their recipe for 'soft crusted whole-wheat bread' is as successful I will never buy bread again. I highly recommend this book- just be really careful when you put the water in the oven for steam and don't burn yourself
6. Quick Ultimate Mac and Cheese- Three boxes of 'Deluxe' mac and cheese- use 2 of the packets of gooey fake cheese, add 2 large handfuls of shredded 3-cheese blend and some grated parmesan. Serve to cheese-loving daughter; give bread only to non-cheese-loving daughter (when it is birthday season, I'm flexible)
7. This is not a poodle.
Seven years ago, I told my oldest daughter I would get her a poodle when she is twelve. Poodles have been her favorite dog since she could have a preference. Well, she is twelve, and she didn't get a poodle. I didn't think we would still be in this small-for-us townhouse and that our life would be so chaotic. While we can afford to buy a poodle, we cannot afford vets and kennels and other essentials of being responsible dog owners. So, she got a betta fish. His name is Duke Azure of the Society of Indigo Dragon.
Many more quick takes can be found at conversiondiary.com!