My boy has three days left of his three mornings a week preschool- time for true confessions
1. My boy has NEVER cried to see me go when I drop him off at preschool. Other children are heartbroken to see Mommy go- not my boy. He is fasinated by his classroom. But, he is happy to see me when I pick him up.
2. He is enamored by another boy sporting the same name in his classroom. He'll follow him around and allow the other boy to decide what game they will play. The other boy also will arbitrarily decide not to be my son's friend.
3. I found myself using his teacher's vocabulary last night. Big baby girl is very easy to put to sleep while he requires story, song, etc. We got home quite late from a dinner, but boy still insisted on being put to bed first. So no story. He was not pleased. Perhaps tonight he will make a better "choice."
4. What!? A homeschooling mom with a child in preschool? Well- I think this is the best time to go to school, and the experience has encouraged me to open the playdough and paint while he is at home. I don't want all the fun to be at school.
5. Yes- my son has more clothing than just a Lightning McQueen t-shirt. He also has a Mater t-shirt and a Lightning McQueen/Mater t-shirt.
6. Dear preschool teachers- I'm sorry that my son was such a pill the other day- demanding to sing the puppy song instead of the bubblegum song.
7. Note to self: to not need to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the preschool parking lot, make sure there is bread in the house.