Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mary's Contentment- PrettyHappyFunnyReal

In honor of the Dormition of the Theotokos (or Assumption of Mary, the Mother of God), I thought I would focus of her contentment. She is the supreme example of a content, Godly woman, of course. 
Pretty- we usually use the word 'beautiful' to describe the Mother of God, but I insist that her inner radiance made her a 'pretty' woman, too.

Happy- can you imagine a happier time in Mary's life as when she found him in the temple? 

Funny- The wedding at Cana (Mary to Jesus- "They have no wine" Jesus to Mary- "Woman, why does this concern me?") always makes me smile when she turns to the wine steward and says, "Do whatever He tells you." 

Real- Like so many mothers before and after her (but in sinlessness), Mary stayed during the suffering of her child.

pretty happy funny real at Like Mother, Like Daughter

5 comments:

  1. The Holy Mother's comment at the wedding has always made me laugh as well. I get this mental picture of the Lord rolling his eyes as if to say, "My Mother made me do this." On a serious note, it makes me really happy to have this example of how much our Lord reveres motherhood.

    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus always looked out for her- another part of the Bible that always gets me is when He is ON THE CROSS in pain and directs St John to take care of her.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love your attitude toward the Wedding at Cana, perfect. :) And I LOVE that first picture of Mary and the baby Jesus. It looks Japanese inspired (I love Japanese art). Is it a Japanese artist or an artist working in that style?

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)