Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Simple Daybook for May

Outside my window... Baby Girl is playing in the small amount of dirt we have and Boy is making a tower with his megablocks

I am thinking...about this image of Christ

I am thankful...for the cool mornings lately.

In the kitchen...beef stew, cornbread and some sort of dessert. a very simple meal for family and two visitors after vespers and Bible study tonight.

I am wearing...a soft purple scarf made from bamboo (!) given to me by my oldest sister

I am creating...peace in my home by decluttering as much as I can with four lovely children 'underfoot'

I am going...to make plans to travel & see the new family babies this summer

I am wondering...how the folks at Blimey Cow decide on the week's topic.

I am reading...Sink Reflections by Flylady and Screwtape Letters by C.S.Lewis- yes, I have both books multiple times.

I am hoping...to go to the big park day on Friday between preschool and ballet...it is only once a month and I have to 'socialize' those kids! Really, it is only I needing socialization

I am looking forward to...the Spring semester finishing in the middle of the month. I don't teach a lot, but it takes up a lot of space in my brain.

I am learning...to listen to uplifting podcasts while cleaning instead of political talk radio! baby steps to a more positive me!

Around the house...kids schooling, playing and hopefully helping me cook dinner a bit later- then- off to ballet!

I am pondering...

A favorite quote for today..."I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren't even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they're doing it". - Anne Lamott

Some of my favorite things...rice cakes, dark chocolate, Irish breakfast tea, black trash bags for Goodwilling, Castle & Pysch on Hulu- even though I can always figure out the mystery before they do, my husband who seems to get that I am an extreme introvert,  podcasts helping wean me off talk radio!

A few plans for the rest of the week:



6 comments:

  1. I love the stages of procrastination. I think I will do that with what's left of my week, with a particular focus on the crisis stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped in to say hi, thank you for the link to blimey cow I will be sharing these with my nephews. great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MadCow- me too!

    Maggi- I think my big girls are old enough to watch some of them- they're fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those procrastination steps! I'm so familiar with them all....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to the website that features good religious art at http://www.veronikon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Claire Maria' is totally spam- but I am leaving the comment because it is SO RANDOM! haha

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)