I am loving all the owl fun out there lately. Personally, my favorite animal to use design-wise is still the hedgehog, but lately owls have been calling my name. Here are some favorites of the favorites:
1. from The Freckled Hen- first of all, the blog's name is just the cutest. She explains in her blog post that she added the cowboy boots to cover up a mistake. I say, great save!
2 & 3. from Like Mother, Like Daughter- Auntie Leila posted some handmade goodies from her mother and her daughter- they didn't coordinate the gifts! Just a small Christmas miracle...
I am also tempted to copy their fabric memory game-such an easy and creative way to use really small scraps of fabric. I'm getting out my pinking shears- I'm going to try a few with 'stitchwitchery' to see if that saves time. I think it is the prefect little gift for a 2 to 5 year old.
4. from Lizbethdesigns on Etsy- I just love the fact that this owl is sleeping- I have got to get Baby Girl an owl hat before she is too big...
5. Owl crafts remind me of a childhood friend- right after Smokey the Bear
6. from milesjoel.tumblr.com- owl + top hat + St Valentine pun = love
7. If you haven't seen the newest Winnie the Pooh movie, I promise you will enjoy it even with its vaguely hipster musical stylings of Zooey Deschanel. It is true to the 'Winnie' canon, and Owl is the one to set the conflict in motion when he insists that Christopher Robin's note saying he "will be back soon" (misspelled, of course) is actually warning the group of the horrid monster called the 'Backson.' Hilarity ensues.
many more QuickTakes at Jen's conversiondiary.com