Saturday, August 28, 2010

The beheading of Saint John the Baptist- a good day to start a new blog?

...as cousin of Jesus, it is not a surprise that the Church has given St John the Baptist two feast days- his birthday and his death. Tomorrow is the feast of his death, a day that made our Lord cry. We Byzantine Catholics commemorate the day by only eating from bowls (get out your Bible if you are curious as to why).

I was going to start this blog on the Assumption of our Lady, a happy and triumphant day. I got around to starting on the beheading of St John the Baptist. I am afraid that this does not bode well for the content of this blog; I pray that I will remain charitable and worthy of the name of Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)