Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pretty Happy Funny Real All Hallows Eve

Pretty & Happy- The big girls were a Parisian lady with poodle and the Autumn fairy. Baby Girl was a shoeless princess for a while until she realized that, yes, it is chilly!
Funny & Real- Boy was very specific about what he wanted to be for trick or treating. He wanted to be "a French boy who got his clothes torn by the bullies and he has patches on his clothes and he got lost and his mother found him." They say that all the season's spookiness is about processing the things that frighten us most. I guess this is what frightens him. The funny? He simplified the concept by calling himself "Cinderella's brother."
We celebrated All Saints' Day with a party last Sunday afternoon and usually join our homeschool group for a saint party on All Hallow's Eve. Sadly, it is a Wednesday and I had to teach two classes. Dad took the kids out for an hour of candy-getting, but it was destined to be a very low-key holiday today. I hope your day was happy!
find more contentment at Like Mother Like Daughter

8 comments:

  1. I like this, especially they boy's choice of costume. Calling himself Cinderella's brother is something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a funny guy- every other boy was something scary (I don't let them be something scary- just my rule)

      Delete
  2. I am loving that imagination. Just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Cinderella had had a brother, she would have been much better off! My younger daughter was a ladybug for the second time, and my older daughter wanted to be an orange cat, because Emily Elizabeth dresses up as an orange cat in the Clifford Halloween book. I'm not sure her costume, made from a giant orange sweatshirt purchased at the Salvation Army, looked very cat-like, but she did a lot of convincing meowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son is brilliant! That is the absolute best Halloween idea I have ever heard. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son is brilliant! That is the absolute best Halloween idea I have ever heard. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well= it was certainly cheaper to sew some patches on his clothes than to buy a spiderman costume! Luckily, it was totally his idea :)

      Delete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)