Thursday, October 25, 2012

Healthy Pumpkin Muffins...just don't ask me for the recipe- '31 days'- day 25

Breakfast on the run should be a healthy smoothie or a healthy muffin, no? Breakfast is always rushed here, but I usually find myself cooking eggs or oatmeal which is not very portable if one needs to get into the van to make it to work or kindergarten on time. I decided to make some muffins.
I looked around for a recipe, but I didn't find anything with my exact ingredients that I was trying to use up, so I made up my own. This is basically it, but don't take my exact word for it:

one large can of pumpkin puree
six eggs
one cup of honey
half cup of buttermilk
two tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
one package of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free pizza crust mix (basically rice flour)
two cups of oat bran
two teaspoons baking powder with dash of salt
No added fat is needed; the eggs contribute enough- I baked each batch (first with chocolate chips, the next two with dried cranberries) for 22 minutes at 350. Next time, I will bake it at 375 for a shorter period for, hopefully, a better rise. They were pretty good!
Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand; instead of a million, count half dozen, and keep your accounts on your thumb-nail. ~ Henry D. Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. Yummy. I would like a taste and see if they are as good as they look. Autumn is the time to break out the pumpkin and thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)