Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blessed Mother Teresa- inspiration & hope for all

Perhaps it is the January doldrums, but I find myself severely lacking in love in action with family and friends. Blessed Mother Teresa is always an inspiration when it comes to repairing my sinful nature. I hope she will inspire you dear readers as well.

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action. 
Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. 
I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. 
Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.
The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between."

(Are you marching this January 25th? I'll be at my local march)
quotations from writings of Blessed Mother Teresa --- photos from Time.com archives

12 comments:

  1. I think you had total "love in action" recently when you hosted family overnight for family members. We will be standing up for life in front of the state capitol ( a prayerful and peaceful demonstration as usual) on the 25th or perhaps the 26th. Thanks for your generosity in putting up with family recently and for marching for life.


    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad- Is that you? ;)
      Will you be setting up the right to life stage as usual?

      Delete
    2. Yea, it's me. The big rally for life is going to be in Portland. But we've decided to stand in front of the capitol in Salem (perhaps with some other family members) So, no I won't be setting up the stage (borrowed from Regis).

      Love from me to you and the family

      Delete
    3. I remember being there on Sunday afternoon when I was 13 (probably my first pro-life demonstration) and a few drivers would scream at me to 'Get a job!" (gotta laugh or you'll cry)

      Delete
  2. Not marching. I'm in a position where any stance I take (even though the denomination is pro-life) can (and probably will) come back to bite me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen- your work with Reeses Rainbow is your pro-life ministry! It's inspirational

      Delete
  3. Blessed Mother Teresa is going to be my companion this year. I am going to read more of her words, pray with her, and learn more about how to love through the example of her life and work.

    Not marching but will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also not marching most likely as I have loved ones to care for, but hoping for the best and will be praying of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only seen one local DC newspaper in the mention the March for Life. The President's 2nd inauguration appears to be the bigger event. However, there are more hotel bookings for the March than the inauguration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...and there will be zero mainstream media coverage! Oh well....we'll keep marching (and HELPING with crisis pregnancies- remove the crisis- not the pregnancy)

      Delete
  6. Thanks, for this! It'll help me more, at my call center job. I can always use more humble pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this wonderful reminder of Mother Teresa's sublime life. Her life shows of love's great power. I will indeed strive to "Spread love everywhere I go. And let no one ever come to me without leaving happier."

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)