Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Our Convert Family's Journey Home- A Guest Post

"This is a page out of the Archdiocesan Catholic Women's Conference Book for 2004.  I was the Church Commission Chair for five years. This post is to thank God for his mercy and guidance through many experiences.  On the anniversary of my family's entrance into the Church, this is the condensed version of our experience on Our Journey."

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiH9SCmjmpRi9Tah9VBknlXSD1cgyFLgLdbBko16oxmNxMQtr3JgeBGSNsh6wIPbPnzQKOv0_BK0RWe8U9DLkYFK3ldkOA-GHsFk4ks3ozIaPL9VBVtYxeKppXDJsoMfbYEmhuTZzIs3zZ7/s1600/scan0001.jpg

 The Convert

After one moment when I bowed my head
And the whole world turned over and came upright,
And I came out where the old road shone white,
I walked the ways and heard what all men said,
Forests of tongues, like autumn leaves unshed,
Being not unlovable but strange and light;
Old riddles and new creeds, not in despite
But softly, as men smile about the dead.

The sages have a hundred maps to give
That trace their crawling cosmos like a tree,
They rattle reason out through many a sieve
That stores the sand and lets the gold go free:
And all these things are less than dust to me
Because my name is Lazarus and I live.

--GK Chesterton

epilogue to the convert's story- there are now more than twenty Catholic grandchildren! 

Priest's Wife here: May I recommend Jen Fulwiler's recent post 5 Pitfalls for New Converts

1 comment:

  1. Great article about the family's conversion. Also, thanks for the link to Jen Fulwiler's article-- I'm forwarding it to our RCIA coordinator. -Faith

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)