Wednesday, December 21, 2011

‎1 Corinthians:13 --- Christmas version


If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love, I'm just another decorator. If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned mealtime, but do not show love, I'm just another cook. If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love, it profits me nothing. If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata...but do not focus on Christ,I have missed the point. Love stops the cooking to hug the child. Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband. Love is kind, though harried and tired. Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens. Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way. Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return, but rejoices in giving to those who can't. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never fails.

5 comments:

  1. by the way- a facebook friend had this on her wall- I don't know who wrote it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's by Sharon Jaynes. I googled it. Love it by the way. It's a good reminder as we come down to the wire before Christmas and I am fretting over "finishing everything" rather than taking time to enjoy this time of year. I think I will take a deep breath and not worry so much.

    Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I hope you don't mind but it's headed for my FB wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is very very nice, I hope you don't mind if I repost it elsewhere.
    Even if some days early, I wish you and your family a merry Christmas! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was just what I needed to read! Thank you! Stopped by after reading your guest post at Conservamom!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)