Monday, April 1, 2013

An April Daybook

Outside my window...it is a grey day, but my yellow rose bush is blooming

I am thinking...that this year is the farthest distance between Easters for 
new' calendar people and 'old' calendar people- I don't like it

I am thankful...that Christ is risen!

In the kitchen...leftover ham and potatoes for lunch; lamb soup and popovers for dinner

I am wearing...green- my favorite color!

I am creating...a soup with Easter's leftover lamb- not very original, I know

I am going...to teach a class tonight! I wonder how many students will show up on Easter Monday?

I am wondering...why I didn't have an option for readers to get my blog posts emailed to them sooner

I am reading...homeschooling materials and English grammar books...I think it's time to read something for myself

I am hoping...that my school-age children do well on their mandated state testing. it is only one day, but a decent score validates me in some ways as a homeschooler- except that state testing is testing what 'they' think is worthy to know. as homeschoolers, we have different ideas about what is important- and yes, we study math and English every day...and more...

I am looking forward to...summer...I need a break...

I am learning...that I need to learn how to cook lamb well

Around the house...the children have eaten a lot of chocolate and other goodies. I said they could go crazy today. Tomorrow, most of the excess candy will be gone

I am still pondering..."O Lord and Master of my life, give me not the spirit of sloth, meddling, lust for power and idle talk. But grant unto me, Thy servant, a spirit of chastity (integrity), humility, patience and love. Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see mine own faults and not to judge my brother. For blessed art Thou unto the ages of ages. Amen."- prayer of St Ephrem

A favorite quote for today..."faith is one foot on the earth, faith is one foot in the air, and a queasy feeling in the stomach." Mother Angelica

One of my favorite things...is not an April Fools Joke (except maybe Google's Cesar Chavez tribute yesterday for Easter was an early joke?)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Although it is not Spring Break for my college, my son has the week off, so we need to find some fun daytime activities for the children...

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of your lamb. I like lamb although I can't eat a lot of it at once for whatever reason it can make me feel queasy if I eat a lot at one time. However, we had Easter at my parents' home and my father does NOT like lamb. He has trust issues with it. When he was in college, he got some in the cafeteria that he thought was a pork chop and it wasn't labeled. So he bit into what he thought was a pork chop and SURPRISE! Kind of like people biting into an oatmeal raisin cookie expecting chocolate chip! next year we host Easter and there WILL be lamb!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)