Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Daybook for August

Outside my window...sleeping cat, red sun umbrella, sun, sun and more sun

I am thinking...that visiting family is fabulous

I am thankful...for my Kindle and for 300 mysteries for $3.99

In the kitchen...homemade bread and tortilla soup made by a lovely friend

I am wearing...a green shirt & jean capri pants

I am creating...meal plans in my mind- trying to copy Auntie Leila from Like Mother, Like Daughter (with 'save a step' cooking)

I am going...to buy a sprinkler for the kids to play in

I am reading...Pride & Prejudice & Zombies on my Kindle...I'm not so sure if I like it at all. It is just an exercise in an author copying Austen's style with modern subject matter

I am hoping....to share very big-for-me news in the future

I am looking forward to...visiting more with family

I am hearing...overly mellow jazz standards that the kids are dancing to

Around the house...big kids are teaching pre-school to little kids
I am pondering...the meaning of life and hard core philosophy-theology as taught by my brother-in-law

Some favorite things...peonies and non-gas station coffee and my own lap top

A few plans for the rest of the week...building my fabric stash and working on a project for Crafters for Life
 find more at thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. "Around the house...big kids are teaching pre-school to little kids"

    Wow. How do you get that to happen?

    -Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth and love is what your children are raised with. Love of the family is primary and that's what is such a blessing to the world. If more families were like yours, it would be a wonderful place to live.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)