Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Daybook for April

Outside my window... our cat, again (townhouse landscapes are pretty quotidian)

I am thinking...  about plans for the summer- part-time teaching, ballet intensives,  maybe a homeschooling conference, visiting family, a Great American Roadtrip (?)

I am thankful for... my husband who has taken over night duty for the baby since I have been coughing. 

From the kitchen... mac and cheese with tuna and peas- very 1950's!

I am wearing... pants!

I am creating... tiered skirts in pink checked cotton for all the girl cousins; trying to get done by Easter, but maybe Pentecost is looking more doable 

I am going... to try to write a few posts that require more theology. I always shy away from the complicated. I am more practical, but sometimes solid apologetics is required.

I am reading... The Wise Woman and Other Stories by George MacDonald; then, I'll pass it on to my big girls. I bought it for them

I am hoping... to get over this cough- the last time I had a bad cough, it took me three months to recover. I have a doctor's appointment in a few days...

I am hearing... my girls practice reading aloud from an old country book.

Around the house... I am trying to do Spring cleaning and not really succeeding.
 
One of my favorite things... is hummus and pita bread chips and a sliced tomato with Lawry's seasoned salt and black pepper.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Prepare for Monday when I am substitute teaching 4 evenings a week at the college (I haven't been teaching since January- it is a short and boring story)

more daybooks can be found at the simple woman's daybook

5 comments:

  1. Your from the kitchen rhymes, haha! As for your favorite things--that is a most delicious snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking...that I hope you feel well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rabbit- I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for George MacDonald, pink gingham, and helpful husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our niece was diagnosed with something that's going around here called the "100 Day Cough" and it really truly did take her 100 days, and she still ended up on antibiotics at the end because it went seriously into here ears.

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)