Sunday, June 21, 2015

m-ai întrebat: why haven't you, priest's wife, posted in a month? short answer: a battle with a rusty nail & summer plans

Is that a long enough post title? Very catchy, I thought....I'm sure many new readers will be searching for information on rusty nails, toe/foot surgery, wives who became de facto home healthcare nurses, celebrating Divine Liturgy on crutches, and the reason why deacons are lifesavers.
I also haven't posted much lately- even before the nail fiasco- because I am a highly busy person. I won't bore readers with details. I am also a highly sensitive person, so when someone writes me an email stating that they like the old posts better than what I have done in the past year or so- it stings. I am also a highly practical person. So many bloggers are doing so much more than I have the time and talent for, so why should I bother? I have been really enjoying and benefiting from the blog, Amongst Lovely Things. Go visit it!
In any case, we shall see what this space becomes. Summer is a time to slow down and enjoy family and friends. We will report back how that is going ! Blessings to all!

6 comments:

  1. Why should you bother?! Don't let people's negativity get you down. It is easy for people to criticize, how about they start a blog! Writing is hard work, especially with all the responsibilities you have. You have a unique voice that needs to be heard, I hope you don't stop blogging.

    I also hope you enjoy your summer!

    God bless,

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! My big girls are starting 2 college classes and I am teaching tomorrow- what a 'summer' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I come here because YOU are writing, not because of what others are saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- Kh Jen... I've been reading some of YOUR comments here- time for a new guest post? ;)

      Delete
  4. I agree with the first commenter -- you have a unique voice. I enjoy all your posts, old and new. Thanks for posting when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, you are needed in this world. A perspective not shown to most of the readership and part of the "two lungs of the Church". There's so much to say and your voice is needed.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)