Thursday, August 2, 2012

An August Daybook

Outside my and white cat whining for his breakfast, orange tree, hanging flower baskets that are surviving the summer, megablocks scattered on the cement, 

I am thinking...that my three-year old girl looks silly (but cute) in her big sister's ballet recital costume. 

I am thankful...for my parents' visit and for their skyping with my in-laws in the old country. 

In the kitchen...I want to create orange marmalade from our oranges. It just hasn't happened yet.

I am wearing...pajamas!

I am creating...a diet and exercise plan to deal with my newly flaring lupus problem. Stinging nettle tea- here I come!

I am the natural history museum today to introduce my son to his first T-Rex skeleton. He's looking forward to it

I am wondering...if I have fulfilled my summer goals....not quite....I have two weeks left before I start work...time to get to the park!

I am reading...The Invention of the Human by Harold Bloom (about Shakespeare)

I am hoping...that I have enough students enrolled in my classes in two weeks so I will have a job

I am looking forward to...finishing up the garage/family/storage/school room and posting before and after pictures. Soon!

I am learning...that doctors have to be forced to communicate

Around the house...we are getting ready for the grandparents' last day here. We will miss them!

I am pondering..."I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn."~ Albert Einstein

a photo from a fun day....
A favorite quote for today..."By bells and many other similar techniques [schools] teach that nothing is worth finishing. The gross error of this is progressive: if nothing is worth finishing then by extension nothing is worth starting either. Few children are so thick-skulled they miss the point."~ John Taylor Gatto

Some of my favorite things... songs by James Taylor, classic Elton John, Cat Stevens,  Steve Winwood, anything baroque for Sundays- my song choices are older than I am

A few plans for the rest of the week: talk to my conventional doctor about my lupus and then make an appointment with a homeopathic doctor. 


  1. will pray for you, didn't know you had Lupus.
    good luck with your job.

  2. Thanks Ladytats! Hopefully my blood work will look good tomorrow- but compared to many people with lupus, it isn't bad (I pray it stays 'ok')


thoughtful comments are welcome to the conversation! (moderation on posts older than a week...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...