Now that the Christmas season is really, really over (40 days after, etc, etc)- it is time to start planning for Lent (the Great Fast)! Now, of course, Lent (of course, we Byzantines are different AGAIN- the Great Fast begins for us after Sunday Liturgy before Ash Wednesday- future blog material) is pretty far off, so I thought I would share how I will be spending my Mardi Gras 'season'
1. Watch movies for fun- TV goes off during the Fast.
2. Plan Mardi Gras party for the big girls- invite their fellow 'Little Flowers'
3. Invite guests over for dinner as much as possible. And then the house will be magically cleaner than usual
4. Print new booklets for church for special liturgies during the Great Fast.
5. Practice new songs for the Divine Liturgy and Pre-Sanctified Liturgy
6. Clean the fridge of non-fasting foods
7. Plan menus for the fast- be as vegan as possible.
WOW- These 'quick takes' were truly quick!